Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 3


Update! Brittany is really sad that she hasn't heard from very many of her friends. She didn't receive any letters all week and was really bummed, so everyone please sit down and write this sweet sister a letter! It will make her smile! She wanted me to let people know that she is only permitted to e-mail family so she must communicate with friends through letters.  She said she doesn't have very many addresses so if you want her to write you take the initiative and write her first!


Address Updates:

Sister Brittany Ann Wilkins 
135 View Road Appt. A

Steilacoom, WA 98498

Packages must be sent to the mission home.  The address is

Sister Brittany Ann Wilkins 
Washington Tacoma
4007 Bridgeport Way W Ste D 

University Place, WA 98466-4330 

Please PLEASE take a minute and write Brittany.  It would mean so much to her and also so much to us as her family.  Thank you all for the love and support that you have shown Sister Wilkins.

Brittany's mission has a blog! Check it out HERE.  There are pictures of her on there and she looks so happy and great!

Her letter from this week:

Hello! So much to tell you...I tried to call the rest of the family after I got off the phone with you but my phone card money had ran out and it was time to leave...bummer! But got into Washington and was thinking "what the crap am I doing?!" I kind of had a freak out moment and that morning was emotional because I had to say goodbye to sister O'connor who has become one of my dearest and closest friends. I love her so much!!! She is in south Ogden right now so if anyone goes there and sees her please give her a great big hug for me!!! :)  Anyways then I got to talk to you and then I get on a plane which was scary but I was between 5 other elders so I felt safe. Then I get to Washington and off the plane and start thinking...what did I get myself into? haha So I met president and sister weaver! They are such wonderful people! I love them lots! (oh ps you really need to look on the mission blog! sis weaver has posted pics of me.) I am here safe and sound! But then we went to the church and had lunch and such and then I met my companion!  Her name is sister Hall! From kaysville UT and she is amazing! She has only been out here  5 weeks :P So she killed a missionary and gave birth to one 5 weeks into her mission (if you don't understand the mission lango ask matt) she's 20 like me but younger and litterally is the best! I dunno how she is so amazing but she is. We get along really well and have fun! The worst thing so far about being a missionary is tracting. oh how i despise it, I'm sure one day I will learn to love it...but walking in the cold rain and getting doors slammed in our faces from 5-7 every day is not my idea of fun :) But as I said I have an amazing companion and she tries really hard to make it fun for me! :) after I met my companion we had a meeting for the killed and born missionaries and then my companion and I went and taught 2 lessons! we have 8 progressing investigators right now. Next week I get to meet the "11 from heaven" which is a 13 piece family that we are teaching! CRAZY! But the work is good :) I am having so much fun and learning A TON and improving a ton.  I have learned over and over here that The Lord knows what we need. I need Sister Hall as my trainer haha. OH! some exciting things: I met Sheri Dew! she's super nice and awesome! And in a couple weeks I get to meet Janice Kapp Perry :) You're jealous i know :) haha oh the girls that I came out with (sisters bayles scott and ryser) sang come thou fount in a missionary meeting the other day and it was scary but went really good! This is a singing mission! Oh funny story: I got pranked last night. My companion told me we were going to a referals house so we knock on the door she invites us inside and says her husband works early so he was sleeping so we had to be quiet. So we start talking to her and he comes out screaming and yelling so I grab my shoes and get out. When I turned around I found them all on the floor laughing. I was so confused but now I know the Betts they are members in our ward. Haha it was a pretty funny way to end a sunday. The ward is awesome! sorry if this is scattered and what not but as you know I have NO TIME! anyways i'm doing great and I love and miss you and pray for you! I know that this church is so true It makes sense. I know I can rely on my Heavenly Father and He knows what I need. I am standing in His place and doing the best I can and I know that He loves me and you more than we can imagine. I love you!
Love
Sister Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment