Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 20 - PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!


Well Hi!
So you're probably wondering what's happening to me this transfer...I'm not sure if it's sunk in yet! haha but you know...I've been gaining some weight....but don't worry it's just BABY fat!!! haha Yep! I'm training again!!! Staying in Steilacoom!!! Holy cow I feel like I’m going to be here forever! but it's all good because I love it here sooooo much!!! :) Sister Baird is going to Bambridge Island with a Sister that came out with her! I was kinda shocked when I found out I was training because there are only 3 sisters coming out this transfer! Out of the 60 or so sisters that could be training I am one, and the funny thing is Sister Logan is training as well!!! haha Crazy!!! I felt very humbled to know that God is trusting me to train again...haha :) But I try to work really hard and do the best I can! So Elder Torres (dark brown hair one) is staying and training as well! So we're going to have 2 new greenies in Steilacoom! :) Sister Hall is staying with Sister Packard in Chambers creek :) I dunno if you care about this but I’m telling you anyways! :) haha Sister Baird will be missed but I'll still see her haha :) It's pretty funny how much I’ve changed just in the last 6 weeks or so...last transfer I was terrified and overwhelmed to train but now I know that I can do it! haha and I know God has taken care of me so far so I trust Him :) But ya 1/3 of my mission will be spent walking the streets of Steilacoom!!! YAY!!!! I really do love it so much and I love the work that is going on so i'm way excited to be staying! The ward is excited too! haha Anyways on to what happened this week! We have 3 awesome new investigators and we taught them this week! One is a 20-year-old couple named A. and M. with a 4 month old little boy, and the other is a guy named C! I think I might have told you about them but they're doing so great! I'm so excited about teaching them! The fourth of July was a GOOD day they have the coolest celebration right in Steilacoom! I didn't get to go to the parade :( but they have a street fair afterward and we walked around and gave out mormon.org cards! One of the members (Luie Tangaro) came around with us to pass them out and it was so much fun!!! :) haha and we got a free shaved ice from the Stowers! So we talked to a lot of cool people there! Then we went to the bishop's house for a BBQ and it was SO good! There were about 6 families there from their family or the ward and it was so fun and some good eatin :) Then we went to ANOTHER BBQ at Mike's house and Papa Rich came and brought his granddaughter Emerald :) It was so fun! We didn't really see many fireworks because by the end of the day we were exhausted so we put earplugs in and went to sleep! haha So as of Friday I’ve been in Steilacoom for 4 months!!!! We started off the day by going to lunch with some members at the Bair Bistro :) Kalei and Ka'awai from the Agor family and ended the day with dinner at the Agor's. I LOVE that family so much! They take such good care of us and have so much love for everyone. I love going over to their house because it is such a sacred space because there's just so much love and unity :) They might laugh at this but I LOVE them sooooo much! When we come back to WA that's the first place we can go :) you would absolutely LOVE them as much as I do :) well I would probably love them more...but anyways they're great! Saturday was an amazing day! Mike took us to Red Robbin (yum!) and it was soooo good! :) Then we had some lessons and then went to the Church for A.'s baptism! A. was an UBC (un-baptized child) and he's 9 and he's SO cute! I love that little man! haha he was so excited to be getting baptized! the spirit at the baptism was wonderful and Sister Hall got to come and he loved it! :) After the baptism we got to go up to a church property called Nisqually! It was fun! The whole stake was up there and we went on a hike to the River with the Agor's, Stowers and Tangaro's and some recent converts :) I got bug bites galore! Holy cow! haha but It was a lot of fun :) Then we went to the Gifford's house for dinner! They’re awesome! They’re like 23 so we get along really well :) OH! I forgot :( The Bett's moved on Monday to Utah. I cried a little bit cuz I love that family! And I didn't even get a picture! But it would be cool if you met them! But I think they moved to somewhere south like vernal or somewhere around there...I miss them...haha Sunday was good! haha during testimony meeting A. was the last one to get up and he says "I'm glad I’m baptized and I know this church is true" and just walks off the stand! haha he's such a little cutie! Then we had lunch with the Stowers and dinner with the Agor's and ended the night with a Brotherson Brainstorm :) So yes, this week was way good and I promise I did missionary work in all of that! haha There were less actives and investigators everywhere :) haha We just had a good last week of the transfer and we still worked hard and did everything we could to help others come unto Christ :) I sent TONS of pictures :) haha hope you enjoy them! But that's been my week! :) I LOVE this work sooooo much! :) I hope you're all doing wonderful! Pray for me and my new greenie!!! :) LOVE YOU!!! 












 This is why we have elders AND sisters :) haha the Brothersons! Welll..Belinda, Sister Roby, and Cassie the bird :)
 A's Baptism
 The Giffords
 The Tangaros
 The Stowers and the Jolleys
The Agor Family!!! :)





 Papa took us to McDonalds

 It's amazing when investigators leave us a note when they won't be home! :)
 The Gherrings



 Red Robbin with Mike


 The boys think they're gangster :)


1 comment:

  1. Ah! I miss you too!! Whoop for staying in steilacoom again. That place is awesome! Ok I'm going to call you soon since you wont see this!

    ReplyDelete