Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 21


This week was the weirdest week of my life! :) 
First of all I got my baby! Her name is Mariah Thompson and she's from Logan, Utah! :) She’s awesome! Transfer meeting was awesome! I love singing and talking with all the missionaries! :) I got to sit by Sister Logan too! haha and Sister Packard sang with Elder Major a song called "Somewhere Beyond the Moon" It was AMAZING! They are going to be famous...just sayin :) haha at the end we sang Amazing Grace (as always) and I cried (as always) but it was funny because President knows how much I love that song so as soon as we stood up to sing it we looked at each other and smiled! haha I love that man! He's amazing! :) He likes to pick on me, which is a good sign! :) haha but yes we got back to Steilacoom and dropped her stuff off and went out tracting! :) We worked really hard that night and had 3 lessons! So we were both exhausted by the end of the night! :) Wednesday was a good day! We have district meeting every Wednesday and this week we talked about BOOM (baptism on our minds) So I've had that song from here comes the boom stuck in my head! :) But after the meeting we went and taught lessons and knocked doors and I asked every person we taught and everyone we gave a BOM to (which was 2 and 5) and 20% of them said yes!!! :) haha It was a fun day! Thursday was awesome too! We had to go to the new missionary meeting and all the greenies got trained while I got to hang out with Sister Logan! She's doing great and loves her new companion, which is good cuz I prayed hard for that to happen :) haha but we have way too much fun together! :) One thing I have found on my mission is how much I feed off of other people's energy's and Sister Logan has lots of energy! haha so we are a little bit crazy :) It's probably fine! haha But it's crazy because we were talking about it and as of Thursday we have only known each other for 6 weeks! haha You know those friends that you meet and you're instantly friends and positive that you knew each other in the pre-existence? Ya that's Sister Logan and I! :) haha I don't know how it happened but we were instant best friends and I love it!!!!! :) At the end of the missionary meeting we all had to bear our testimony about what Christ means to us. So I want all of you to write me a letter and tell me what Christ means to you because I love hearing how Christ affects our lives :) and then I'll tell you my answer :) haha that night we taught Papa Rich and Mike! They are doing SO good! :) I am SO proud of them and it just makes me cry to think how far they have come! They are miracles and proof that anyone can do hard things! Mike has given up smoking! YAY! :) And he's doing SO awesome! :) D&C 18:15 is true! :) haha after we taught Papa Rich and Mike I just HAD to call sister Hall and tell her how much I love her and how grateful I am for her. There's no way I would be the missionary I am without her as my trainer. I had such sacred and precious experiences with her, and I'll never be the same! :) That's another song that I extremely enjoy :) and I actually have it on a cd! Yay! :) It’s called “I'll never be the same" and I listen to it all the time because it's amazing how true it is! "I will never be the same I have felt His love and there's no turning back there's a fire that will remain it's written on my soul it's a witness of my all my faith has taken root and I’ve tasted the truth my heart's forever changed and I'll never be the same!" all ya'll aren't even gonna know me when I come back!!! haha jk I’m still the same Brittany :) I am just stronger in so many ways! :) WOOT! (for Michele :) ) Anyways I have to get to Sunday so I’m gonna go fast! Friday was an interesting day! We taught a lesson to this girl named A. and after we taught her the whole restoration I asked her if she would continue reading the BOM and she said "No I think I’m Jewish" haha! Oh man I am grateful for Sister Thompson cuz I was speechless! She told us earlier that she believed in Christ! I was just appalled. haha it was insane :) That night one of the Elders was being rude so I called Sister Hall and Sister Packard and Sister Hall gave me one of her amazing pep talks and Sister Packard sang my theme song to me (I am His daughter) :) I LOVE those girls! I say that all the time! But it's true. There's no truer friends than the ones who know your weaknesses and try to help you be a better person. And that's Sisters Hall Packard and Logan! :) Anyways they're awesome! :) Saturday we went to the hospital to visit Grandma (an old recent convert in our ward that has a bad heart) and we shared a message with her and her room mate her room mate was not a Mormon so I hope we planted a seed there :) haha Ok now I HAVE to tell you about Sunday. It was THE craziest day of my entire life!!! So it started out normal we went to church and then we went over to bishop's house for lunch and did some stuff in between. But when it came time for 5-7's my world was rocked! haha So we're in the car on the way to the place we had previously chosen to go knocking. And we're on the phone with Mike (I’m driving, Sister Thompson has the phone on speaker) and we get to the light at the bottom of this hill (it's called far west drive if you wanna look it up :) haha) and all of the sudden this kid comes bolting down the hill on his bike and makes a sharp turn and totally biffs it! Rolls off his bike lands right on his head and slides across the gravel. We sat there for a second to see if he would get up and he just laid there. So I was like Mike we have to call you back! So I pull over and we get out of the car and we're trying to talk to him but he's not being very responsive but he tells us he can't feel his legs. So I call 911 and tell them where we are. The kid was lucky he had 2 missionaries CNA and lifeguard trained ;) haha we said a prayer for him and then the fire truck and ambulance came and took him away on a back board. He was getting more responsive the longer he laid there but it was crazy! I think he'll be ok :) Anyways so after that we were in a little bit of shock :P haha so we drove home went to the bathroom got a drink and went back out to go knocking. At this point it was like 5:45 so we called Mike back on the way and said a prayer and went to go knocking (even though neither of us wanted to because we were kind of in shock :P :) ) haha So we go up to this door and it's in a secluded little area surrounded by trees and I knock on the door and it creaks open a little bit so I reach in and pull it closed. And after that I just felt weird...so I stepped to the side and looked through the big glass window and out of nowhere this old lady in a pink nightgown is standing in the hallway CLUTCHING her bible and just staring right through us, and she was slowly inching her way toward us. So we were ya know waving to her trying to get her to do something! But she just kept staring through us. So I was like ok I am freaked out and I felt the spirit telling me to leave so we turned around and ran away! I felt like I was in paranormal activity or something. haha I was seriously freaked out! So we get in the car and I start driving and we drive to the Agor's house and we asked Papa and his sons to give us a blessing. After they did I felt SO much better! haha I felt at peace and comforted and then they gave us ice cream! :) haha anyways the moral of that story is that I know that the Priesthood works. I know that it is God's power on earth and I know if Christ were here He would be doing what those worthy priesthood holders did. I am grateful for the priesthood in my life. I would be lost without it. So think about the priesthood this week and think about how it has or can bless your life and NEVER be to prideful to ask for a blessing. God wants to help us. That’s why He has given us worthy men in our lives to help us feel His power and His comforting hand. I also know that when we try our best God will bless us. After the Agor's we went BACK out and knocked on doors and taught a lesson and we were successful! I know that if we do what God asks He will prepare a way for us to do the thing which He has asked us to do! So that was my crazy week! Luckily Sister Thompson doesn't want to go home yet so we're still doing good! haha and we will continue to work HARD! Because I know the Lord will protect and guide us :) He's always there for us! :) Haha after I got the blessing I got a text message from Sister Logan! She knew exactly when I needed to hear that someone loved me :) haha God provides for us. Never forget to look for the things in life that you can be grateful for! Anyways times up! Love you all so much and yes I’m doing AMAZING!!! :) 
Love always 
Sister Wilkins :) 
Sister Thompson and I at the summer fest! :) 
Free slurpees on 7/11! :)
Sister Logan and I at the new missionary meeting! we matched! :) haha
Transfer meeting :)
My best friends!!!! :) Elder Lemieux and Sister Logan! :) 
Sister Logan and I again! We’re cute! :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment