Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 55

So...I've decided sister Logan and I are starting a colony! :) hahaha Baby #4 is on the way tomorrow! Yep that's right! I'm TRAINING!!! AGAIN!!!! haha oh heavens...and so is sister Logan! that's why I said we are starting a colony! haha we have both trained together every single time! I am staying in Olympia 1/5th which I am way happy about! I feel like I'm not finished here yet....I feel like I have a lot of work here to do :) It's probably the hardest knocking area because we've only gotten 1 new this week! But I am still way pumped to stay here! I love the people we are working with! I am way pumped to train again too! I have learned SO much from Horge that I am just so excited to learn from another greenie! I love their greenie faith! and I feel like I already love the one on the way!!! :) haha I have been praying that I can just LOVE her. This transfer has been a huge learning transfer...they keep getting shorter and shorter :) I can't even believe it...I only have 4 left! Which is kinda good because if I keep getting surprises like this I might DIE! :) hahaha I have learned so much from Sister H about just being yourself and embracing the weaknesses that you have. I was absolutely amazed by the way she just hit the ground running and is already a stellar missionary! She teaches like a champ! :) I'm sad because I feel like with the move and everything else it was just so crazy and we didn't have as much time to just get to know each other, but I love that girl to DEATH! She is the cutest and sweetest ever! :) She taught me a lot about humility too, every time I would tell her something to work on she would say "you're right I do need to work on that" She took it like a champ! She is on her way to be follow up trained at the other end of the mission in Port Angeles by Sister Gherring! She came out with sister
Baird and sister Chipman! :) She's way sweet and I know that sister H will love her! It's funny because Sister H is so worried that Gherring isn't going to be as bold as I am hahahah I didn't know that I was even the slightest bit bold! but whatevs :) I am so happy and excited! :) I love Sister H and I am going to miss her like crazy! But I am excited for a new adventure! It was so weird, usually I am way nervous about transfer calls but this one I just felt so calm and I instantly knew that God had a perfect plan for me. I think I am coming to trust in Him more that I am just ready to do whatever He needs me to do! Haha I guess that's a good sign right!? Also good news is that sister Logan and Elder Genereux and Pierce are staying too!!!! SO EXCITED!!! :) I dunno if Juan posted it, but I got to go to Tacoma this weekend! It was SO AWESOME!!!! :) We went up there at like 3 and got home at 9! haha First we went to this baptism of Lindsey. She is in our ward boundaries but she was poached from us! and taught in Tacoma. (her fellowship was there..) but she has 6 UBC's! (unbaptized children) age 9-20 So we are hoping that we will be able to start teaching them, and helping them be baptized as well. That's why we got to go though, President wanted us to be there for her and it was a way sweet baptism! Then Nichole Fordham from chambers creek finally got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been working with her since I was with Dean and Packard! haha She was a part member family and her husband wasn't very active either. His parents were though! and they were in the sound view ward which goes to the same building as Chambers. anyways, it took a long time, but Aaron (her husband) got to baptize nichole! It was SO special and way sweet! AND I got to sit by Jon, Juan, Anthony and Kyle!!!!! AH I love those guys so much! They bring me so much joy! Seriously I was smiling like crazy! :) I love those people so much! :) It was so good to see them again, it felt like going home. (only you weren't there.... :( ) but really! I can't even tell you how happy and excited I was! :) haha It was SO awesome! Saturday was like the greatest day ever! :) (I guess I'm starting this e-mail backwards :) ) Also! On Saturday we had a baptism for the Olympia ward! Ok, so this is kind of a crazy story, but a way big blessing from God! :) So on Tuesday I get a call from president Weaver (I love that guy!) and he asked me if I knew a Mary Boyd and I was like no I have no idea who that is. So he talked to me for a while and hung up :) Then the next day the Zl's texted the zone and asked them to look at their ward list. So I did and guess what?! Mary Boyd was there! haha so Mary had an 8 year old son, who turned 8 on Thursday and he wanted to be baptized. Now, Seth’s father lives in Oregon and can't leave, so he wanted to get baptized in Oregon but we had to meet with him and interview him first. So we went over there Wednesday night and started talking about the restoration and he basically taught us all 4 lessons! He is way smart and such a good kid! On Thursday Elder Pierce Interviewed him, he left to Oregon on Friday and got baptized on Saturday! It was awesome! Haha president was so excited and happy to find out that Seth was in my ward, because He loves me :P I love him so much! haha but it was such a huge blessing from God, because we have been trying SO hard to get a baptism here in the month of march and it's been a struggle, but we have been working diligently and being obedient and that's what matters. Miracles are the natural result of true principles applied. And so we got to help Seth enter the waters of baptism, even though we didn't do much, I still feel like it was such a blessing and I freakin love that kid!!! haha As far as the rest of the week I got to go on an exchange on Friday with sister Langi! She was being trained in Lakewood zone when I was being follow up trained by sister Hall. She's so funny! I haven't laughed that hard in SOOOO long! It was so fun! It was kinda weird because I felt like I was the one who still had to be the example...haha :) but it was a good learning experience and I think that's the reason for them, to learn from the other missionaries! :) Wow this time is going so fast! :) I am going to have to print out pictures and send them to you :) Gary is getting SO close to being baptized! He is so ready! We are going out to desert with him tonight! I love that guy so much! I think he is one reason why I am staying here. He and I just have a really great connection. I love him so much and I just tell him exactly how it is and what I think and he loves it! haha :) Ah man he's the greatest ever! :) We went to his house on Saturday and watched the Restoration movie and he realized that Joseph smith wasn't really his big concern (which I knew) But that he didn't feel like he would fit in. So I just printed off the "come join with us talk" and we are going to get him baptized!!!!! gosh dang it!!! :) hahaha Every day's a good day! :) So today we get to do something fun! that's why I'm e-mailing so late! But the past 6 weeks we have been doing some intense PMG assignments and we turned them into the office and everyone that did it gets to do an activity paid for by the weavers! :) and we also get to go to lunch since it's the last p-day of the transfer! :) haha so this morning we went to this place called Tugboat Annie's and it is right on the water so pretty! And they have the most GIGANTIC hamburgers I have ever seen! we got 3 of them and shared them between 14 people. That's how big they are! hahaha :) SO GOOD! :) And then after this we get to go bowling! Since I did all the assignments I get to go and I am so excited! We get to wear jeans! That will be way weird! hahaha but it will be fun! :) Other than that, just the usual happened this week, nothing too crazy (which was good :) ) haha No more shootings or car accidents! Let’s just say I've made sure to be EXACTLY obedient and I am a good driver already but now I'm even more careful and defensive haha :) Anyways, I just am excited for this new transfer! I hope that I can get some energy because I feel like I am just getting more and more tired! haha you know the feeling I'm sure! I am just ready to hit the ground running and work hard and love this new missionary! Pray that I get a good one! hahaha I have decided that I'm never going to be just a normal missionary :) I guess God had different plans for me :) But that's ok! I love it! And I am so excited to continue doing His work! This transfer is going to be SO GOOD!!! we get to go to the temple this transfer! I am So excited! :) So get ready for a good one :) haha I just want to tell all of you that I absolutely love being a missionary. There is no greater work. I know that this church is true, I know that because of Joseph Smith, we can be baptized, and sealed together forever as families, we can also access the Atonement in our lives to bring to us guidance, love joy and healing. We can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and we can have immortality and eternal life. I think a theme sick scrip from his week was moronic7:33
                                         
33 And Christ hath said: aIf ye will have bfaith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is cexpedient in me.


If we have faith in Christ, not in Sister Wilkins, not in ourselves, but in Christ, we can and WILL have power to do whatever God wants us to do. :) We can do all things through Christ! I know that I can handle whatever comes my way not because of my own strength, but because I've got God on my side. Follow Him love Him, lean on Him. LET HIM HELP YOU. I love y'all SO much!!!! have a wonderful week! :)
Love always

Sister Wilkins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment