Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 57



Hello Family!

Well this week has been just another week. I don’t know what to say really but we'll see how it turns out :) I absolutely loved the General Women’s conference I hope you watched it because it was awesome :) I loved having the little girls there too it was so fun and I felt like we were all such precious daughters of our Heavenly Father! Monday was a fun day, we went to lunch with the sisters and then we went to this beach called Priest Point Park and it was way fun :) We just took a bunch of pictures and explored! I am trying to make it fun for Sister Flanigan and have a day to not stress because she likes to stress and she has been super homesick :/ poor girl...but she's strong and puts on a good attitude! :) Today we are going to the mall to buy her a coat with a hood :) I'm grateful for my coat! :) Monday night we had a great lesson with Gary! :) We took the Mcowen's with us and it was so spiritual! I don't know why, but it's always such a spiritual lesson with Gary. He's getting so close I can feel it!! :) HE keeps saying he's getting close; he's just so stubborn :) But he is going to get baptized this month I just know it! :) I decided that I'll either stay here one more transfer or go somewhere else for 3 transfers but it's all in God's hands :) We taught him on Monday about commandments and the blessings associated with them. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to grow up living these commandments because it's always hard to change especially with addictive substances...It seriously is such a blessing that we don't have to struggle with those things. Self-control is very God-like and I feel as though I was taught to have it from my youth, but that's not the case with everyone and it's still hard for me and even harder for them. I only wish these addictive substances could be demolished! But he stopped smoking! which is awesome :) haha I am so proud of him for his progression and change over the last 6 months! :) He is awesome :) On Tuesday we had interviews with president and sister weaver and yes I found out what he wanted to talk to me about. Before we even said a prayer he told me that I was his hero because I am a good missionary but I'm still humble and insecure about it. I don’t know what he's talking about because I have so much room for improvement, but that's what it was :) Everyone loves how much I laugh too, I have a laugh for everything, funny things, insecurities, awkwardness, I am just constantly laughing :) I like to laugh! It’s good for the soul!!! :) But interviews were great, I asked president a ton of questions, and he gave me a ton of good advice, one thing that we talked about the most probably was about how I can prepare myself to come home and he told me to just be me. And to lay aside the things of this world and seek for things of a better world. And it's not about my abilities but my choices :) So basically he just told me to design who I want to be and what I want to have in my world and then to create it. So that's what I've been doing this week, and that's one of my questions for general conference "what do I want in my world?" President told me a story about a lady who had a problem with an addiction and she said that's it was just something that happens in the world and president said in his head "well not in my world" We can define what we want to have in our world and who we want to be. And I started reading over my patriarchal blessing and picking out things that it says I need to do, and then writing it down and a few ways that I can accomplish that thing. It was just a really good interview :)  With Sister Weaver we just basically talked about how it's going to be hard when the weavers leave and most of my friends! That's not going to be a fun transfer meeting! haha but she told me that maybe I have a best friend still coming. Sister Weaver is the greatest :) On Wednesday we had District meeting and afterward we went to the hospital and found out a miracle had happened! One time we went with Elder Genereux, and Pierce to the hospital to give this guy Michael Forrest a blessing. Michael had terminal cancer, and he was in pretty bad shape, so they gave him the blessing and it was way powerful and spiritual. And when we went to go find him this week we found out that he was at home!! And getting better! The priesthood is real!!! :)  it works! Isn't that so cool? I thought it was pretty amazing. Thursday was a good day :) we went to visit June and Don our 98 year old recent convert and her 86 year old member boyfriend :) haha they're so much fun! Don quizzes us on our gospel knowledge and sings songs and June tells us stories about her childhood! :) It's fun :) That night we finally had a lesson with Crystal and Jesus and we decided with them that we would start the lessons over so we taught the Restoration and they're on date for the 17th!!!! :) YAY!!! :) I 'm so excited you don't even know! I love them so much! :) Prayer totally works, when they left for that month we thought for sure that they would be antied, and it would be so sad! But we prayed and prayed continually for them and it worked! They weren't antied and they are doing so good! The Mcowens are lifesavers too because they are such good friends to them! I love these people :) On Friday we spent pretty much all day with Elder Gerenreux and Pierce helping a family move! It was a lot of work but a lot of fun :) I seriously love those elders! :) The people we helped move are not members, and they have 2 little deaf kids! So I was having fun signing to them and making them laugh! they were so cute! :) I am so sore though! but it's so worth it :) haha We packed up an entire U-Haul and it was very rewarding at the end :)  I felt pretty accomplished anyways...On Saturday we walked a ton, we've walked a lot this whole week, because we're out of miles :) woops! but it's been fun..... :)  we walked like a good 6 miles on Saturday though. We went to the Hospital to visit Maria with our bishop. She was really terrified of the drugs and violence at the Salvation Army and so she checked herself into the hospital. I would too if I was homeless! Decent food, protection, you're taken care of, you can take showers, etc. poor lady just needed something! So she's there until Thursday and we are trying to help her find a job and a place to live. She called us this morning and told us that she had a revelation! AKA she knows the church is true!!!! :) I love Maria very much! All of these investigators have such a special place in my heart! I had no idea I could love people so much, I really appreciate the fact that I can be here as a missionary and strive to see the divine nature of those that I speak with. We all have such  a marvelous potential and I feel like God has blessed me with the ability to love these people who I work with and see just a small portion of their potential. It's so wonderful being a missionary, you get to watch people change and then you change in the process. It is the biggest blessing in the whole world. I am just so grateful to be a part of this gospel, I can't even express the love and appreciation I feel for my Father in Heaven for allowing me to be born in the covenant. And to partake in His gospel from birth, so that I could be one to take it to the world and help those who know not where to find it, find their everlasting joy and salvation. It is a marvelous work and a wonder! :) I am so grateful for the Savior and His saving grace, for the ability I have to change to become more like him. So that I can receive joy in this life as well as in the next. I am grateful for His sacrifice for me. This morning I was reading mosiah 14 and it just touched me so much to think about my Savior and His atoning sacrifice for me. I know that because of it I can have sorrow and I can have joy. I am so grateful for Him. I am grateful for this gospel. It's the truth guys, embrace it and live and love it! :) Because it's absolutely amazing! :) This week is GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! I am pumped!!!! It’s like missionary Christmas FEAST!!! :) haha I challenge you all to take notes not of what is said, but what you feel and what the spirit tells you, the words will all come out later for us to study, but write down what you get from the spirit! These are servants and Prophets of GOD!!!! :) So get excited! :) And listen to their counsel. And read this talk!!! :)

Hide message history

 


 

This month is going to be one of the greatest months of my young life! I can just feel it! :) Conference, temple trip, and people entering into the sacred waters of baptism! :) I pray continually that you all will have success this happy April! :) I can't wait to hear about all the good stuff that goes on in your lives! :) It's going to be GREAT! :) I love you all and hope you have a wonderful and happy week and focus on the Savior and His constant, consistent, unconditional love for you! And always remember that I love and miss you dearly! And Remember Every day's a good day!!! :)

Love always

Sister Wilkins :)

 

 1 Yea, even doth not Isaiah say: Who hath abelieved our report, and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground; he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him there is no beauty that we should desire him.

 3 He is adespised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

 4 Surely he has aborne our bgriefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

 5 But he was awounded for our btransgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are chealed.

 6 All we, like asheep, have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquities of us all.

 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he aopened not his mouth; he is brought as a blamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb so he opened not his mouth.

 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment; and who shall declare his generation? For he was cut off out of the land of the living; for the transgressions of my people was he stricken.

 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the arich in his death; because he had done no bevil, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

 10 Yet it pleased the Lord to abruise him; he hath put him to grief; when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin he shall see his bseed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

 11 He shall see the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied; by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall abear their iniquities.

 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the agreat, and bhe shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death; and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sins of many, and made cintercession for the transgressors.

No comments:

Post a Comment