Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 56

Hello Family!
It seriously feels like forever since I last talked to you!!! this week has been way good though! My new child is Sister Sarah Flanigan! She is awesome!!! she's from Pennsylvania, is 19 years old, and has 13 siblings!!! I have already memorized all of their names :) haha she's a lot of fun! and I have loved having her as my companion so far! :) We have laughed a lot :) and I have already learned a lot from her, she has a great desire to learn, work hard and be a good missionary. I think we'll get along great! I already love her lots!! :) So to tell you about this week...on Monday after I e-mailed y'all we got to go bowling as a zone!!! It was SO fun! but really weird..I'm so not used to seeing these people in normal clothes!!! :)  but it was so fun and I'm so grateful for president and sister weaver for all that they do to help us have a wonderful mission experience! :) They are absolutely amazing! :) That night Gary took us to a pizza place for dinner to say goodbye to sister Horgesheimer! :) IT was so fun to just get to know him and chat. :) Tuesday was transfer day and it was SO much fun! It was actually the most hilarious and spiritual transfer meeting in like...ever!  Just to let you know Sister Baird and Thompson (my first 2 babies) are now STL's! Sister Hall is training again on Bainbridge Island and Sister Packard went to Minnete Bremerton with the most adorable sister in our mission sister k! She's from Thailand and her name is like Kiawalantana who knows?  but we call her sister K :) Sister Chipman is still luckily in chambers creek! I miss that place! :)  So at transfer meeting I of course got to see everyone I love! :) And at the beginning the trainers go in and wait in the gym then the rest of the mission goes into the chapel and then we run into the relief society room and get our babies and walk in with everyone staring at us :)  then we sing and pray and then they introduce the new missionaries and the trainer always has to do something. Well this time the intros were SO funny! Everyone was rolling on the floor! Sister Chipman and Rea got married and had a baby and did it right! (when you are together for 3 transfers you get married haha and they had a baby! :) ) Sister Logan knew it was a girl!  the old AP's were hilarious! One of the Zl's did this knight’s tale skit! SO FUNNY I can't even tell you!! haha but then we sang As Sisters in Zion/Armies of Helaman and the spirit was so strong that half the room way crying!  it was so good! great pump up! :) That night we got back and went knocking and then we taught a lesson to a kid named Jordan who is part of a part member family and we put him on date!!! :) it was awesome! :) Afterwards I texted C  And asked her when she was coming back and she was over at Sister McOwens! So we ran next door and said hello I WAS SO EXCITED!!!! She looked so good and she didn't get antied and she was happy to see us!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! I was jumping off the walls :)  On Wednesday we had a district meeting and I got to give a training which is always fun :)  During 5-7's we got to push a car over to the side of the road and I felt like Hulk and it reminded me of the many times TC had to come save me :)  Thursday we had the new missionary meeting and it was way fun! All the trainers are my friends and so it was awesome and President Weaver is hilarious! :) He's such a great man! :)  he told me he has lots to talk to me at interviews which are tomorrow so I'm interested to see what he's going to say!! Friday was such a good day! We did weekly planning and that morning we got a referral from the Lacey Zl's and it was for this homeless lady who wanted to learn about the church. So after planning we went and taught her and she kept saying "I am just looking for my restoration" She speaks Portuguese and Spanish but she wants to be taught in English. She's really struggling right now though. She's like a high class homeless person, she's not homeless because she wants to be, she just doesn't have a job. And so she's looking all over the place to find a job and a house, she called us last night crying because the shelter she's staying at is horrible. It's so sad! but she is so ready for the gospel! We put her on date the very first lesson. She's so prepared! She just needs a lot of prayers! During knocking we just had so much fun and we FOUND NEW INVESTIGATORS! it's been a while, knocking hasn't been super successful here in Olympia. So it was good :) Haha one funny thing was that we heard Sirens and Flanigan was freaking out and she's like "sorry I'm probably freaking you out" and I said "no I don't get freaked out very easily" and then I screamed so loud! At that moment a dog came and jumped on me!!!  It was pretty ironic and hilarious :) we laugh a lot during 5-7's :) we also got to teach Gary! I can't even explain to you how spiritual his lessons are! :) he's so flippin amazing! And he's SO CLOSE!! he told us that he knows God wants him to be baptized, but he just doesn't want to yet. He has problems with some commandments, but he's seriously SO close! He will get baptized so soon :) And yesterday he told us that he started believing in latter day prophets! YAY! :)  I love that man so much! Then Sunday was just your normal day, I was sitting in church hour # 6 of being there and guess who walks in?!?!?!??!?! JUAN JON AND KYLE!!!! If I wasn't in the chapel I would've freaked out!!! I was freaking out on the inside and I couldn't stop smiling!!! :) AHHHHHH!!!! I can't believe them! They are seriously the best in the whole world! I love them with my whole heart!!!!! I miss them so much and it was so wonderful to be able to see them again, it pretty much made my whole life! And Juan gave us chocolate covered strawberries and we ate them all :)  I LOVE THEM SO FLIPPIN MUCH! ah, I can't even tell you, they are amazing :) They are angels! :) I love them :)  other than that we are just doing work! This week has been a really good week and I'm feeling so happy and it's sunny and it's awesome!!! :) Seriously, I love being a missionary :) It's awesome! Best thing ever! :) Yesterday we got to teach the gospel principles class in the YSA ward, it was Juan Jon Kyle and 2 other guys but at the end of the lesson we talked about trials. And I shared D&C 136:31 which says something like "I will try my people in all things that they may be prepared for the glory which I have prepared for them" I know that through these trials that we have we may see the light at the end of the tunnel. 2 weeks ago I had a pretty rough week, but now I am stronger and a better person and missionary. And this week was AWESOME!! :) I testify that my Savior helped me learn and grow and become more like my Heavenly Father. I love Him and I am so grateful for this gospel. I love all of you and hope you have a wonderful week!!! :)
Love always

Sister Wilkins :)
Pretty picture of the capitol :)



Long tree lined roads! :)



Nichole Fordham!!! :) She's finally baptized!! :)



My Brotha's :)



I LOVE them!! :) 



Us with Gary! I Love him so much! :) 


This is the Howes! They are awesome! They take GOOD care of us! Sister Howe is a member and she has been going through chemo for cancer. Brother Howe is a non-member but he loves us :)

Giant burger from tugboat Annie’s :) 

We have way too much fun : )

Creepy :) haha

My zone at bowling :) isn't it weird to see us in normal clothes?!

The gospel must be preached to all!!! :) 

My new Companion! :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment